Market and Sell YOUR Books: My special Tips for Indie Authors

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ever Hear of the Mississippi Delta Blues?

Clarksdale, Mississippi Delta Blues Mural (Photo by Susan Klopfer)

Ever hear of the Mississippi Delta Blues? I hadn't, until I moved to the Delta several years ago. This mural appears in the town of Clarksdale today, reminiscent of the town's early blues and civil rights history. One of my favorite Clarksdale residents was not a bluesman, Aaron Henry. He was a man of great character who helped bring dramatic change to his hometown. You won't read much about Mr. Henry in typical civil rights history books, and yet he was fascinating, controversial and certainly an important agent of change. I have written about him, and you are invited to read a chapter here from my book, Where Rebels Roost, Mississippi Civil Rights Revisited. Just Click Here.

I will enjoy your comments and thoughts. Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment