Market and Sell YOUR Books: My special Tips for Indie Authors

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Mississippi Delta as the sun goes down

I love the Mississippi Delta. We moved there in 2003 and this opened a new door to the world for me.  I am a John Grisham fan, and reading his books while experiencing the Delta was quite a thrill. Each little town could have provided the back drop for a new Grisham novel. People were very friendly and many shared their stories of the Delta, good and bad. We lived next to the site where 14-year-old Emmett Till of Chicago was murdered in 1955 after whistling at a white woman, the owner of a small grocery story in the cotton hamlet of Money. I followed this story and others, and ended up writing a book about the region and the modern civil rights movement (Who Killed Emmett Till?). Today as I live in Ecuador, I still cherish my time spent in the Delta.
* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment